Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Words: What are they good for anyway?

“Single” doesn’t mean a heart is available and free. Married doesn’t mean a heart is not available and trapped.” -Stacey Cook   (Added one of my scarlet macaw Costa Rica pictures for fun.  He had no mate in sight, "Single" and hanging out with me.  The safety guy says, "They are not that friendly.  Plus, I don't see his mate.".  Therefore, the conclusion, he must have been bitten by a snake and was dying.  Maybe the last hours of his life, all because he was "Single".) Why in the h-e-double hockey sticks would I say, “Words, what are they good for anyway”? I will explain. Words are just that, words. What gives them meaning are the attachments such as beliefs, culture, emotions, experiences, commitment, behavior, and character to name a few. For example, “Single” might mean “I am not married,” simple as that.  For others, it might mean, “I am available to have fun”.  I will let you guess what kind of fun I mean. Words are used to he...

What the Hell!

      What the Hell (WTH) is a common phrase used in “frustration”. We all have WTH  moments. This short blog is about a transition from WTH to WTF to Now What to You Got This .      It was a typical Sunday morning at the tail end of January. I got up around 4 am, finished a few updates to a training course, then my oldest son and I headed out the door for our tennis lesson. We left a bit early because of ice on the road.  On the way,  I felt the compelling urge to explain how to drive on ice.  This interrupted his earbud music playing on the passenger side, that is never good. Our conversation turned into a debate, “Mom, I know physics.”.      We arrived at the court and started our warm up. I was on the add side and Jake was on the deuce side. We were sharing the indoor court for our lessons. I remembered feeling pretty good about my timing and how easily the ball was going over. Then I went for one of my favorite s...

Arts Illiana's: Annual TableScapes Event 2026

The annual TableScape fundraiser hosted by Arts Illiana;  Sycamore Banquet Center at Indiana State University  Terre Haute Scape Designer Requirements :         The designers will setup their 60" round 30" tall, minimum requirement of 4 place settings, Scape Thursday March 19  (between the hours of 10:00 AM and 7:00 PM ) .  My recommendation is to always start early.  That way if you need additional items, you have time to purchase and add them.        Friday March 20  is the Celebration of Design-Cocktail Party.  Each Scape is awarded 1 ticket for a designer to attend this fabulous fun filled evening.  Mix and mingle, enjoy spirits, music and hors d'oeuvres. Enjoy time with the judges between 6:00-6:30 pm  before the public arrives!   Please provide the name of the designer who will be attending Celebration of Design-Cocktail Party to stacey@arttotality.org by Mond...